Saturday, July 30, 2011

Solar power system is complete

I will apologize in advance - I have been lax with my photos recently and don't have any new ones to post. However, I have some news to report. The solar modules are all connected and our power system seem to be working as designed. This is great news! You design and plan this stuff but there's always a nagging doubt that it will do everything you hope it will do, so it IS wonderful when it does  :)
Today (Saturday) we are picking up our new fridge and taking it up to the house so we can keep stuff (i.e. the beer) cold. [Take note all potential volunteer/helpers!]
We have borrowed Patou's nifty little shop vac and have been cleaning up house after all the plumbing and electrical rough-in mess. Today's tasks include painting all the outside trim boards(white) making them ready for installation in the near future, and installing the soffits to make the house somewhat bug-free. I have not attempted soffits before so this could be interesting!
The weather is finally looking much better overall with a forecast of 30*C and sunny today. That will certainly help us out!
I want to close with a shout-out to Paul and the guys at Riverside Energy here in Kamloops. I had one MC4 cable that was too short for our setup. Paul had the cable in stock and I was able to pick it up on Friday morning, and his price was the best we could find anywhere. They have been a stellar supplier for the last-minute things we have needed and we will certainly be recommending them to anyone who asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment