Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fridge, soffits and a great summer day

The weather today was perfect! I picked up Alex and we went straight to City Furniture and picked up our new Samsung fridge. We drove gingerly out to the new house and arrived around 10:30am. Carol had gone ahead and taken up food for lunch and dinner and a variety of snacky foods. We bought the Samsung for a variety of reasons. It was white, had a bottom freezer, was Energy Star rated, and was a great price for a relatively small efficient fridge. Oh, and the door could be mounted to open on either side. Of course, we needed it to open the other way to the way it was when it arrived. The instructions said it would be an easy changeover. Well, it may not have been rocket science, but it did take me almost 2 hours to do the trick. Of course the poorly translated instructions did not help. They had me remove both the fridge and freezer doors among other things, but at no time did they instruct me to reinstall them! Anyway, the result is wonderful. The fridge looks and works great!
Carol made us some sandwiches for lunch and then we started in on the soffits. Having never installed soffits before, I was justifiably concerned about how I was actually going to do it. I had read lots of articles in preparation, so didn't feel completely lost. Over the space of a few hours I did manage to get about 20 feet of it installed, but not without a good deal of cursing, measuring, and re-cutting and fitting. I hope that the rest goes more smoothly. At least I think I finally understand the how. Now it's just a matter of getting my hands to do what my head is telling them!


Carol continued to vacuum up all the wood chips and sawdust and almost has it beat - for this time anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment