Friday, August 26, 2011

Electrical Inspection Today...finally!

So, after submitting our request for our first electrical inspection from SafetyBC on Auguest 15th, they finally called yesterday and booked our inspection for today (Friday, Aug. 26th) at 1:30pm. I am meeting the inspector by the highway and he can follow me up to the house. Of course, not everything is perfect so I am now in "worry" mode. I have no doubt that what we have done is up to code, so I don't really know what I'm worried about. I suppose it's just that this is important so I am nervous.
Assuming that we get a "pass", we will be able to start insulating and installing the vapour barrier on the outside walls and in the ceiling, at least in the areas he is inspecting today. The basement plugs are not yet wired as we have lots of "stuff" from Ontario stashed throughout the basement making access difficult. We are having visitors next week, Carol's parents from Ontario, Alex and Beverley Brown. They will be staying at our current residence in Knutsford. Apparently walls, hot water, showers and a kitchen have some sort appeal to them, so they won't be staying at the new place! Carol and I are going to try and "move in" this weekend. I'm sure that will motivate us to get going and finish the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment