Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Slate hearth is finished

Steve and James from the Fireplace Centre are here installing the chimney and stovepipe as I write this post. They arrived about an hour ago, shortly after I managed to move our Regency F2100M wood stove into position on the slate tiles. Last night I worked feverishly to grout and finish the tiles in anticipation of today's events. I am very pleased with the result!
I vacuumed out the stove, replaced the firebricks, and cleaned and polished the exterior. It looks great sitting ready to heat our little place.
We learned that in spite of our best efforts, we will have to have a 4 inch "kink" in the stovepipe to accommodate positioning the chimney correctly between the rafters.
I will update with more pics later as the chimney installation is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment